Friday, November 9, 2007

RAWR

So the improv show tonight went pretty pretty awesomely, despite me being in it! Seriously, though I did screw up a little, people did
(we interrupt this blog to announce that Broken Sunday by Saliva is a fantastic song. it just came on my playlist and blew my mind. That will be all)
laugh, so that works for me. I did a lot better during the meeting afterward, so at least I know I can do well. Just a matter of making it happen on stage.

I've noticed, and apparently so has the MC of the group, that when I make a character it tends to be either a) an unsympathetic guy or b) a very loud person. While it's not a good thing at all for an improv person to fall into a rut like that, it's curious that in an instance of quick thinking, I would choose those characters to fall back on. Does that say something about my subconscious? It'd be pretty cool if it turned out improv was a reliable method to discover your true self. I could dig it.

Come to think of it, is that why dead kittens and child abuse tend to play a far greater role in our performances than they should? Yeesh.

No comments: